About Pet Odeur Away

All Pet Odeur Away products are Pet and Human friendly, no toxins or added cancer causing ingredients.

We started looking at the ever-increasing Toxic and cancer-causing risk to our pets and human health from some supermarket purchased fragrance plug ins, candles, diffusers and sprays.

Our products have been developed by our qualified animal medicines expert after her own dog was found to be suffering and becoming smelly due to having cancer!

Check our Nasties page for Toxic and cancer-causing ingredients in commonly marketed bought defuser, plug inns, sprays and candles!!

Amongst others, some of these products can cause our pets kidney and liver issues, cancer and may also affect to human health.

Humans have around 5 million olfactory receptor cells that can detect approximately 10,000 odours.

Cats have 45 to 80 million scent receptors and Dogs have anything from 149 to 300 million plus receptor cells, depending on the breed of dog.

The bloodhound is thought to have more receptor cells than any other dog (as many as 300 million) and can detect 40,000 different odours! The higher concentration of an odour, the stronger the signal sent by the receptor cells to the olfactory bulb of the animal.

Common symptoms of Toxic Reaction to Air Fresheners plug ins, candles and sprays.

  • Difficulty breathing, Vomiting
  • Difficulty walking or uncoordinated gait
  • Skin irritation, drooling
  • Lethargy or weakness
  • Muscle tremors, cats can become Vocal
  • Pawing at the mouth or face
  • Redness or burns on the lips, gums, tongue, or skin
  • Eyes, nose and throat irritation
  • Diarrhea
  • Lack of appetite
  • Sneezing
  • Nasal Discharge
  • Cats can become vocal